The Tocqueville Society is United Way's premier giving society, comprised of donors who give an annual gift of $10,000 or more each year. Tocqueville Society members set an extraordinary example of leadership and generosity for our community. The Tocqueville Society began 32 years ago with 22 inaugural members. Today, it has grown to more than 250 members who make an annual commitment to help the Greater Rochester community thrive.
Your Tocqueville Society membership connects you with hundreds of the most influential community leaders in the region. Your gift will also allow United Way to unite more than 75 partner programs to build a network of services and support for people in need.
Benefits of membership
United Way Tocqueville Society members make a profound impact on the Greater Rochester community with purposeful giving that creates meaningful solutions for hundreds of thousands of local people in need. In addition, members enjoy:
- Invitations to exclusive Tocqueville Society and leadership giving events throughout the year
- Recognition in United Way publications and online appreciation listing
- Invitations to networking, volunteer and business development opportunities
- Opportunities to connect with others who share your passion to improve our community
- Stories and updates about how your gift is making a difference in our community
Click here to give now or contact United Way's Director of Major Gifts at (585) 242-6465 or Bruce.Brown@uwrochester.org to get started.
Tocqueville Society Challenge
All new or increased Tocqueville Society gifts to the Community Fund will be matched, dollar for dollar up to $50,000, thanks to the generosity of Jack & Donna DePeters and Jack McGowan & Kathy Muscato.