School or Youth Registration
Youth groups and/or schools are also invited to participate in Day of Caring.
These groups are unique in that they identify both a volunteer project and a team to complete that project.
Below are some great ideas to help you as you plan your project.
- Draw pictures to brighten patient hospital rooms
- Host story hours for younger children
- Hold a blanket drive
- Create a mentoring or tutoring program at your school
- Organize a "senior prom" for your community's senior citizens
- Engage youth from different neighborhoods/ cultural backgrounds in a flower or tree-planting project in a park or on side streets in each community
- Hold a community-wide or neighborhood cleanup
- Donate food to a local shelter or food bank
- Organize a youth/senior "get together."
- Organize a volunteer challenge for the clubs at your local school
- Sponsor a poster competition to promote a drug-free lifestyle or another important community issue
- Make/decorate knapsacks or baby quilts
- Help sort and/or serve food
- Match classmates with "adopted" grandparents and host an event where they can spend time together
- Plant trees to commemorate a special community occasion
- Collect toys for a domestic violence center or children in hospitals
- Create a memorial garden
- Organize a blood drive
- Hold a fundraiser
- Create a website to educate your school or community about an issue
- Write to members of the armed forces serving in other countries
- Make kits of combs, toothbrushes, shampoo etc. for homeless shelters
Complete the form below to formally submit your school/youth group project and join the Day of Caring.