The DIAL (Development of Indo-American Leaders) program is founded by I.C. Shaw and volunteer-led in partnership with United Way to provide leadership training. The primary focus of the DIAL Leadership Program is the development and application of effective leadership skills and competencies in one’s professional and volunteer pursuits. The connections, experience and relationships built throughout DIAL are invaluable to individuals, organizations and our entire community as we all come together to help Rochester thrive.
- DIAL is a one-day program that includes various speakers covering topics such as board governance, fundraising, PR, networking, mentoring, and much more.
- The training is FREE with breakfast and lunch included.
- Attend the DIAL training session and participate in the program to the best of my ability.
- Following the training session, coordinate meetings with my assigned mentor to discuss community leadership opportunities.
- Use the DIAL training to expand my role as a community leader.
- If placed on a board, committee or community project, serve for at least one term.
- Allow DIAL to include my name in its volunteer opportunities database.
Check back for application information. If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact DIAL Chair, Sitima Fowler, at (585) 752-4531 or email@example.com