United Way’s Emerging Leaders Development Program (ELDP)
was established to identify, train,
local Emerging Leaders for placement on boards, committees, and community projects, and in policy-making positions, to ensure the Greater Rochester Community and its organizations are tapping the full potential of our resident young professionals.
The primary focus of ELDP is the development and application of effective leadership skills
and competencies in one’s personal, professional, and public service pursuits
. The connections, experience, and relationships built throughout ELDP are invaluable to individuals, organizations, and our entire Community, as we work together to help the Greater Rochester Area and local organizations thrive.
- The training is three (3) days in length (Oct 30-Nov 1; 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.) and the curriculum topics include, but are not limited to:
- Board Member Responsibilies
- Decision Making
- Conflict Resolution
- Graduation is held on November 19, 2019 at 11:45 a.m.
- Volunteer & Board Fair with local nonprofits is held in the fall.
- Applications are due by Monday, September 9, 2019 by end of day.
- One hour interviews will be conducted with applicants the week of September 16.
- Participants must receive release time from employer to participate.
- Acceptances will be sent out by September 30.
- Program participation fee for Emerging Leaders Society (ELS) members is $150. For non-members the participation fee is $200 ($50 considered a donation and can be used toward an ELS membership). Please inquire about covering the fee with your employer, as some have training & development budgets. Payment must be made before the start of class. Scholarship opportunities may be available.
- Applicants do not need to be members of United Way’s Emerging Leaders Society to be considered.