United Way’s Pride Leadership Development Program was established to identify, train, and promote the placement of LGBTQ+ Individuals on boards, committees, community projects, and policy–making positions in order to ensure the Greater Rochester community and organizations are tapping the full potential of the LGBTQ+ community.
Nonprofit board members are often passionate about the objectives of the organization, but it takes more than passion to govern a nonprofit organization. Board members must understand their role within the organization, fundraising tools and management techniques. As professionals in your field, this leadership training will help you become acclimated to your role as a volunteer, community leader, a board member and enhance your problem solving skills.
The training is 2.5 days in length and the curriculum topics include, but are not limited to:
- Board Member Responsibilities
- Group Dynamics
PROGRAM RECRUITMENT AND PARTICIPATION
- Recruitment efforts for PLDP begin every fall
- Participants must receive release time from employer to participate
- Program participation fee is $150 per individual (class size is limited)
- Click here to learn more or to apply